Todays career minded students can get help with the burden of having several student loans. One can focus on their chosen career, instead of losing sleep over paying several monthly student loan payments. Student loan consolidation can be the solution with several advantages.
How Student Loan Consolidation Works
Here is typically how a student consolidation loan works. When a student first applied for several loans from several different agencies and student loan providers, they each gave a different interest rate and term for paying back the loans. The idea of student loan consolidation, is to take all the different student loans and put them into one easy convenient loan. You them only have to make one monthly loan payment every month, instead of several loan payments every month over time. This saves the student both time and money. Having a lower interest rate and less checks to write every month are a couple of advantages of doing a student loan consolidation.
5 Helpful Benefits of Student Loan Consolidation
1. Lower Monthly Payments. Depending on your student loan situation and the type of lender you choose, you may be able to lower your monthly payments by up to 50%
2. Having Simple Loan Payments. By consolidating your student loans, you only have one loan payment per month and one check to write. This is very beneficial if you are writing several checks every month to multiple lenders.
3. Having Fixed Interest Rates. With some federal consolidation loans you can have a fixed rate for the life of your student loan. Its best to do research to see what the best interest rates and term you are eligible for. You can check online to calculate the interest rate on a new student consolidation loan based on the rates of your current student loans. You can then round up to the nearest 1/8th of a percent of the weighted average of the interest rates on your eligible student loans.
4. Extending Your Payment Period. You may have a lot of student loan debt. With federal consolidation loans you may be able to extend the payment term up to 30 years. Its a good idea to realize you will end up paying more interest over the life of your student loan consolidation. The idea is to get some leverage until your career takes off. You can focus on making money instead of several monthly loan payments.
5. In School Consolidation Programs. While still in school, eligible students can lock in a low rate. This would put you into repayment status, but since you are still in school, you are automatically put into deferment. The drawback of consolidating your loans while in school, is that you lose your 6 month grace period. The solution to this would be to request forbearance for up to 1 year on your student loan consolidation. Here again you can do some research and get more information online.
Student Loan Consolidation Help Online
With todays Internet technology, you can get a student loan consolidation quickly and easily. The Internet makes research and finding great programs, easy as a few clicks of the mouse. You can learn everything you need to know from information sites that provide the latest news and data in regards to student loan consolidation. With just a few clicks of the mouse, you now can get loan quotes and compare loan companies without having to run all over town.
Student Loan Consolidation Helps Relieve Stress
Student loan consolidation can help student loan borrowers focus on their education, instead of debt. With a single new loan and lower monthly payments, you can focus on whats most important, education and your new career. There is no need to lose sleep stressing out about how youre going to pay back all those student loans. There are several agencies and companies online that can help with many resources and information to get the help you need.
Copyright 2005 Dean Shainin
Dean Shainin is a consultant specializing in student loan consolidation. Get valuable resources, tools, information and more articles on student loan consolidation, visit this site: Student Loan Consolidation