How do I lower my debts?
There are several ways of improving your credit status. If you have decided upon taking up firm steps to decrease your debts, then you may consider these few ways for dealing with the situation.
1. Debt Relief:
Try to negotiate with your creditor to come to an agreement by which a part or the whole debt will be forgiven. This will be a mutual agreement between the creditor and the debtor, where the debtor requests the lender to waive off at least a portion of the debt owed to him. Debt relief has been variously named as debt reduction, debt workout, debt settlement, debt negotiation or debt management.
This is however, a risky process, as you may not be able to handle the situation well. In that case, the complete endeavor may not only go in vain, but also go against your cause.
2. Take a Home Equity Loan:
If you have assets such as your own house, you may consider taking a home equity loan or a home equity line of credit. Such a loan generally has lesser interest rates. However, if you are unable to pay-off your home equity loan, you may risk losing your home altogether.
3. Consult a Debt Consolidation Company:
Debt Consolidation companies provide you with a Debt Consolidation Program, which is unique and most effective in reducing your debt burdens. In this case, a consultant will guide you through the complete process, leaving you with no worries. In such situations, it is best to trust a professional with your money.
A Debt Consolidation Program has some specific advantages
Advantages of a debt consolidation program:
1. Consolidate all your unsecured debts into one single debt in order to pay them off together.
2. A consultant helps you through the entire payment process and you do not need to confront your creditors or any collection agencies.
3. Your monthly payments are smaller than most debt settlement programs.
4. Generally, you will have to pay smaller interest rate than most consumer debts.
5. Your late/additional fees will in all probability be forgiven.
6. You will stop receiving collection calls or calls from your creditors, since they will be convinced about your honest efforts to pay-off your debts.
7. The best part of this program is that you will never have to consider filing for a bankruptcy. This program will successfully clear all your dues and will soon make you debt free.
8. The debt consolidation company does not charge you anything for the services they render. They will receive a small portion of the dues that you owe to your creditors.
4. Take a Debt Consolidation Loan.
This is yet another unique way of clearing all your debts. This is a loan that is taken to consolidate and pay-off all your debts at the same time. After all your multiple debts have been cleared, you only have to deal with one single loan, which you can pay gradually. A debt consolidation loan has some distinctive advantages:
1. Low interest rates.
2. Low monthly payments.
3. Does not have any negative impact on your credit report.
4. Starts off as a new loan account and hence, gives you a fresh beginning.
There may be other debt solution options available to any consumer in the United States. However, these have the reputation of being the most effective methods of achieving debt freedom. With increasing complexities in the financial scenario of the United States, the general public is easily falling prey to debt burdens. To meet the requirements of the people, companies are trying to come up with appropriate ways to handle the debts as well as the debtors.
Stacy Johnson is currently working for Debtconsolidationcare. Having a lower debt amount will mostly improve your chances of getting lower interest rates for most of the purchases you made.