Second Mortgage / Home Equity vs. Refinance by Benjamin Ehinger
Why should you take out a second mortgage or a home equity line of credit instead of refinancing?Well,………You Shouldnt!!Why Not?1. Second Mortgages usually have an interest rant that is twice or even three times as high as
Why should you take out a second mortgage or a home equity line of credit instead of refinancing?
1. Second Mortgages usually have an interest rant that is twice or even three times as high as your first mortgage rate. You can refinance instead and keep a very low rate. In the long run a second mortgage will just cost you money in interest charges.
2. Home equity lines of credit are designed for mortgage account executives (salespeople) to sell you on using it like a credit card attached to your home. They will try to convince you to use it over and over again.
3. A refinance loan is better for the equity in your home. Very few companies will refinance your home at 100% of its value without forcing you to take out a second mortgage. You dont want to use 100% of your equity because that means you no longer have that equity to fall back on in emergency situations.
4. Second Mortgages and Home Equity lines of credit are designed to provide account executives (salespeople) with another tool to sway you into putting another commission in their pocket.
5. Your equity is a precious thing and should not be used for unnecessary add ons or impulse buys. If you dont need it and there is even a slight chance you cant afford it, then dont get a second mortgage to buy it.
The only reason that I would ever recommend a second mortgage or a home equity line of credit is in an emergency situation. Only when there is no other option and you must take out a loan would I recommend either one of these options.
About the Author
Benjamin Ehinger has an extensive mortgage background and has studied the industry for many years. To learn more about Refinancing and Second Mortgages visit:
The site is not responsible for any content in it. E-mail: alldir[at]gmx[dot]com
debt consolidation, home loan, mortgage, debt free, debt help, refinance, equity loan, unsecured, secured debt, bankruptcy, credit card , bad credit, payday, cash advance, cash settlement, line of credit, student loan, interest rate, borrow money, car loan, adverse credit, compensation, quote, credit score, consolidate debt
Little Meadows borough
Jupiter Inlet Colony town
Wilton city (pt.)
New Maine township
Long Point village
Drexel city (pt.)
Surprise Valley township
Mason City village
Briny Breezes town
USA UK Australia Canada